Saturday 1 June 2013

The start of a new creative business venture : iamsociable : going it alone!


I've always known I've wanted to do something that I can call my own, I guess I just never knew what.
I'd go from one idea to the next without pausing for air and clarity. Being a creative person I seem to come up with ideas easily, but find it difficult to follow them through. I graduated from my Fine Art degree two years ago. And since have been in art collectives, set up events in every area of the creative industry, gone into the corporate world and back out again into arts production and the freelance world.
So, I am now focusing on making my business successful! This entails lots of computer time - which I either do at home or in cosy cafes in Bristol. But it also means that I have to make time for mini adventures. So, at least twice a week I go on a long walk or cycle, and if it's raining I take the train and go somewhere new! Adventures, of every kind, I believe ignite your creativity and inspire you. Allowing you to realise who you are and what you want to do. This is how I came about to doing what I'm doing now.
A nature loving moment whilst on an adventure walk in Bristol
I've wanted to start my own business and had a general idea for it for a while now. But nothing felt right, the timing, the idea itself and I guess I just didn't feel confident enough to go ahead with it. I recently came to a cross point where I felt I had to reassess my situation; and felt that instead of running around for everyone else, it was time that I ran around for myself! Make me happy and do something that I wanted to do!

So, with that in mind I decided to walk the Camino de Santiago de Compostela and that this would be a good thing for me to look forward to. I started looking for more work, something that I could do freelance, whilst at the same time trying to start iamsociable. When you're trying to juggle finding work with trying to build a business it becomes a bit muddled up and confused. Money starts to take over and you make sacrifices for the sake of being able to live. It has been quite a difficult decision to just risk not having money, forget about working for someone else and put everything into a new business. But I think that everyone who has ever thought about their own thing should risk it at least once in their lives. 
I was at home one day trying to work out exactly what I wanted to do with this business. I realised I wanted to empower and bring creatives together, help them be more business minded and help them network. 
And then it struck me - why do I want to go on the Camino? To feel inspired again, to try something new, to be free of restraints and beliefs and let things flow through. And then it hit me, it was my light bulb moment - why don't I take these people on creative adventures, with me! Offer all of my services but in such a way that it will be fun and freeing and inspiring. That is what I hope the iamadventures will do. It will establish a platform for people to become empowered, believe in themselves and then their businesses, or talents. 
I truely believe that if you follow your truth and do what makes you happy, then it will all work out. If you believe in yourself and your project enough then others will too, it's all about believing! *reference to my job experiment back in Jan 2012.

So what is this business?
Working with small businesses and individuals I help you realise your goals and guide you with tailor made packages to find your authentic voice. I take you on adventures to find your truth, your creative spirit, your power. I hope to empower you to do what you REALLY want to do and help you make it happen.

*Happy Living*
'Till Next time!


p.s. if you're interested in the adventure itself email adventures@iamsociable.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment